Helping My Daughter Follow A Morning Routine Alone
Here’s some insight to a FAQ and a chance to “listen-in” on what parent coaching is really like.
Sheri, mother of 8-year-old Faithie, realized that while it’s important to address this question, raising her daughter to be independent is a marathon not a sprint.”
- Allow her to give input in the morning steps and the reward for completing them
- Implement a memory strategy to help with her executive functioning
- Identify what’s worked in the past
- Address her concern by asking, “what would be less ‘baby-ish'”?
- Let her go through the “fail moment” lesson
When you follow these tips you will help increase your child’s motivation and participation in the morning routine so eventually she’ll be more independent and you can spend your time on OTHER things!